Randy Jackson to Return as American Idol Judge
8:32 am, September 11th, 2012
Randy Jackson is going nowhere.
The “American Idol” fixture has reached a deal to stay as a judge on the show, where he’s been since its 2002 premiere.
“Idol” has been in upheaval since the departures of Jackson’s fellow judges last season, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, with Mariah Carey coming on board but the other seats on the panel vacant.
While no announcement has been made, it’s believed FOX will soon formally introduce a four-person panel consisting of Jackson, Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj, both of whom have been in final negotiations with producers.
Simon Cowell, who left “American Idol” to start “The X Factor,” praised the move to retain Jackson.
Late Monday, he tweeted, “Just heard randy is back on idol. Right decision.”
The lone constant on the singing competition over the past decade, Jackson’s return as a judge comes after weeks of conflicting reports, including an almost-realized scenario whereby he’d stay with “Idol” as a “mentor.”
Are you excited to have Jackson back as a judge?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Kim & Kanye: Is The Wedding On Hold?!
- Melissa Joan Hart Should've Checked The Mirror
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?