Randy Jackson to Return as American Idol Judge
8:32 am, September 11th, 2012
Randy Jackson is going nowhere.
The “American Idol” fixture has reached a deal to stay as a judge on the show, where he’s been since its 2002 premiere.
“Idol” has been in upheaval since the departures of Jackson’s fellow judges last season, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, with Mariah Carey coming on board but the other seats on the panel vacant.
While no announcement has been made, it’s believed FOX will soon formally introduce a four-person panel consisting of Jackson, Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj, both of whom have been in final negotiations with producers.
Simon Cowell, who left “American Idol” to start “The X Factor,” praised the move to retain Jackson.
Late Monday, he tweeted, “Just heard randy is back on idol. Right decision.”
The lone constant on the singing competition over the past decade, Jackson’s return as a judge comes after weeks of conflicting reports, including an almost-realized scenario whereby he’d stay with “Idol” as a “mentor.”
Are you excited to have Jackson back as a judge?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Khaki And Casual Combat Style With Demi Lovato
- Lily Aldridge's Beach Bag Must-Haves
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever