Rachael Ray Donates $500,000 & Food for Hurricane Sandy Pet Relief
11:50 am, November 10th, 2012
Rachael Ray is donating $500,000 to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) in the wake of Hurricane Sandy to help relief efforts for families and their pets affected by the storm.
The TV host is also shipping 4 tons of her Nutrish brand dog food to devastated areas, and Ray’s Yum-o! non-profit organization is giving $100,000 to City Harvest and the Food Bank for New York City.
“When you make your living in food, you have to give back in the same way,” explained Ray on Friday.
She is the latest high-profile supporter of Sandy relief efforts.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to Sandy relief efforts, or CLICK HERE.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted