Rachael Ray Donates $500,000 & Food for Hurricane Sandy Pet Relief
11:50 am, November 10th, 2012
Rachael Ray is donating $500,000 to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) in the wake of Hurricane Sandy to help relief efforts for families and their pets affected by the storm.
The TV host is also shipping 4 tons of her Nutrish brand dog food to devastated areas, and Ray’s Yum-o! non-profit organization is giving $100,000 to City Harvest and the Food Bank for New York City.
“When you make your living in food, you have to give back in the same way,” explained Ray on Friday.
She is the latest high-profile supporter of Sandy relief efforts.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to Sandy relief efforts, or CLICK HERE.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents