Queen Elizabeth Hospitalized in London
12:25 pm, March 3rd, 2013
Queen Elizabeth II was hospitalized on Sunday.
The British monarch was taken to King Edward VII’s Hospital in London after suffering from symptoms of gastroenteritis, said a palace spokesman.
The spokesman added a “decision was taken on medical advice to take her from Windsor (Castle) to hospital,” and that it was ”a precautionary measure.”
The Queen is expected to spend two days recuperating in the hospital from the flu-like symptoms; however, all of her official engagements have been either canceled or postponed, including a two-day trip to Italy on March 6-7.
At 86, the Queen Elizabeth has been in overall good health, and was last in the hospital in 2003 for a knee operation.
Gossip Cop will update.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet