Queen Elizabeth Hospitalized in London
12:25 pm, March 3rd, 2013
Queen Elizabeth II was hospitalized on Sunday.
The British monarch was taken to King Edward VII’s Hospital in London after suffering from symptoms of gastroenteritis, said a palace spokesman.
The spokesman added a “decision was taken on medical advice to take her from Windsor (Castle) to hospital,” and that it was ”a precautionary measure.”
The Queen is expected to spend two days recuperating in the hospital from the flu-like symptoms; however, all of her official engagements have been either canceled or postponed, including a two-day trip to Italy on March 6-7.
At 86, the Queen Elizabeth has been in overall good health, and was last in the hospital in 2003 for a knee operation.
Gossip Cop will update.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- 12 Celebrities Who Were Friends Before Fame