Queen Elizabeth Attends Epsom Derby to Kick Off Diamond Jubilee Festivities
3:57 pm, June 2nd, 2012
The Diamond Jubilee celebrations for Queen Elizabeth II are underway.
Her Majesty attended the Epsom Derby horse races on Saturday, kicking off four days of events marking her 60 years on the British throne.
The 86-year-old royal, who was accompanied by her husband, Prince Philip, joined other formally attired racegoers for the festivities, which featured a Katherine Jenkins performance of “God Save the Queen” (video below).
Prince Andrew and Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, the Queen’s granddaughters, were also on hand.
Among the major events to come during the extended celebration of the Queen’s reign are Sunday’s Diamond Jubilee Pageant, when a thousand vessels will escort the monarch down the River Thames in London.
On Monday, a star-studded concert is set for Buckingham Palace.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo