Justin Bieber & Katy Perry Ads for Proactiv Banned in Britain
12:13 pm, July 21st, 2012
What’s the problem?
The stars’ testimonials and endorsements were based on the American formulation of Proactiv, which contains a different active ingredient than the product offered in the United Kingdom.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) determined that the “overall impression of the ads” was that Perry and Bieber, among other celebs, were “continued and regular users” of Proactiv, but that in the context of the British market, that was misleading.
Proactiv could only provide signed statements indicating that different celebs had used the UK version of the products for “several weeks” at various points between 2008 and 2010.
The commercials have been pulled from British airwaves.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?