Justin Bieber & Katy Perry Ads for Proactiv Banned in Britain
12:13 pm, July 21st, 2012
What’s the problem?
The stars’ testimonials and endorsements were based on the American formulation of Proactiv, which contains a different active ingredient than the product offered in the United Kingdom.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) determined that the “overall impression of the ads” was that Perry and Bieber, among other celebs, were “continued and regular users” of Proactiv, but that in the context of the British market, that was misleading.
Proactiv could only provide signed statements indicating that different celebs had used the UK version of the products for “several weeks” at various points between 2008 and 2010.
The commercials have been pulled from British airwaves.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?