Scary: Kate and Pippa Middleton Used as “Thinspiration” for Eating Disorders
12:58 pm, July 15th, 2011
Well, this is really disturbing.
Now the Middleton sisters have become go-to models for “thinspiration.”
“Every little girl at one time wants to be a princess, and these images will not only reach teenagers but middle and elementary schoolers,” warns Jill M. Pollack of the Center for the Study of Anorexia and Bulimia.
“To have the Middleton sisters [on these sites] is like, oh my God, a disaster waiting to happen.”
Obviously, “thinspiration” is an upsetting trend, made even more dangerous by tabloids that obsessively monitor celebrities’ weight changes.
Prince William‘s mother famously struggled with eating disorders. It would be tragic if people used his wife and sister-in-law as inadvertent “role models” for changing their bodies through unhealthy means.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial