Prince William Rescues Two Russian Sailors After Ship Sinks in Irish Sea
10:04 am, November 27th, 2011
Prince William was a hero early Sunday morning.
The Duke of Cambridge helped save the lives of two Russian sailors whose cargo ship sank in the Irish Sea — off the coast of North Wales — following a 2 a.m. mayday call.
Prince William, known in the Royal Air Force as Flight Lt. William Wales, co-piloted a helicopter that retrieved two crew members of the ship “Swanland,” which went down after a huge wave snapped its hull.
Prince William brought the two saved men back to his base on the Welsh island of Anglesey. They were then transported to a local hospital.
The coastguard said the body of another seaman had been recovered from the sea, but five others remained missing.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank