Prince William Rescues Two Russian Sailors After Ship Sinks in Irish Sea
10:04 am, November 27th, 2011
Prince William was a hero early Sunday morning.
The Duke of Cambridge helped save the lives of two Russian sailors whose cargo ship sank in the Irish Sea — off the coast of North Wales — following a 2 a.m. mayday call.
Prince William, known in the Royal Air Force as Flight Lt. William Wales, co-piloted a helicopter that retrieved two crew members of the ship “Swanland,” which went down after a huge wave snapped its hull.
Prince William brought the two saved men back to his base on the Welsh island of Anglesey. They were then transported to a local hospital.
The coastguard said the body of another seaman had been recovered from the sea, but five others remained missing.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids