Prince William and Kate Middleton Release Official Engagement Portraits
9:31 pm, December 11th, 2010PHOTOS
The formal portrait (top right) of Prince William and Middleton was shot in Clarence House, where William’s father Prince Charles lives.
It was taken on November 25, nine days after the couple announced their engagement. In the photo, Middleton can be seen wearing her sapphire and diamond engagement ring, which once belonged to Prince William’s late mother Princess Diana.
The more casual photo (bottom right) was snapped in St. James’s Palace.
It was Prince William’s decision to use Testino, who had previously photographed the young prince as well as Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
“I am very happy to have been asked to cover this historic moment that the whole world was waiting for. They are in their prime and brimming with happiness,” say Testino. He adds, ”I have never felt so much joy as when I see them together.”
The couple is set to wed on April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too