Queen Elizabeth Visits Prince Philip in Hospital Following Heart Surgery (VIDEO)
2:52 pm, December 24th, 2011VIDEO
On Friday, doctors at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge treated the 90-year-old Duke of Edinburgh for a blocked coronary artery.
The successful procedure involved the placement of a stent.
Buckingham Palace issued a statement saying that Philip “had a good night and is in good spirits” but eager to leave the hospital, where he’s set to remain for a brief period of observation.
Before falling ill, he had been with the rest of the royal family at Sandringham, their annual retreat destination for the Christmas holiday.
Philip and Elizabeth celebrated 64 years of marriage in November.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party