Prince Harry Shipped Off for 4-Month Combat Tour in Afghanistan (PHOTOS)
9:39 am, September 7th, 2012PHOTOS
The royal returned to Afghanistan on Friday for a four-month combat tour.
Prince Harry — known as Capt. Harry Wales in the military — previously served in the region in 2007 and 2008.
The Prince’s duties will include serving as a co-pilot and gunner on an Apache attack helicopter, where he’ll fire off machine guns, aerial rockets and missiles.
“Prince Harry, like any soldier, considers it a great honor to represent his country in Her Majesty’s armed forces wherever it chooses to deploy him,” said St James’s Palace in a statement.
The Prince will celebrate his 28th birthday on his base next Saturday — and since it will be alcohol-free, presumably his clothes will stay on.
Check out photos of Prince Harry at Camp Bastion below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet