Prince Harry Shipped Off for 4-Month Combat Tour in Afghanistan (PHOTOS)
9:39 am, September 7th, 2012PHOTOS
The royal returned to Afghanistan on Friday for a four-month combat tour.
Prince Harry — known as Capt. Harry Wales in the military — previously served in the region in 2007 and 2008.
The Prince’s duties will include serving as a co-pilot and gunner on an Apache attack helicopter, where he’ll fire off machine guns, aerial rockets and missiles.
“Prince Harry, like any soldier, considers it a great honor to represent his country in Her Majesty’s armed forces wherever it chooses to deploy him,” said St James’s Palace in a statement.
The Prince will celebrate his 28th birthday on his base next Saturday — and since it will be alcohol-free, presumably his clothes will stay on.
Check out photos of Prince Harry at Camp Bastion below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'