Prince Harry Target of Taliban Attack That Kills 2 U.S. Marines in Afghanistan
1:06 pm, September 15th, 2012
The Taliban has cited Prince Harry’s presence as a motivating factor in an overnight attack on a coalition base in Afghanistan that left two U.S. Marines dead and other personnel wounded.
Camp Bastion, a British complex adjacent to U.S. Camp Leatherneck, was the site of the deadly insurgent assault, the latest violent incident in a wave of regional unrest following the release of an anti-Islamic film.
“We attacked that base because Prince Harry was also on it and so they can know our anger,” a spokesperson for the organization told the Associated Press. “Thousands more suicide attackers are ready to give up their lives for the sake of the Prophet.”
A Ministry of Defense spokesperson says the violence occurred about a mile from the section where Harry, who turns 28 on Saturday, was located.
Two American marines were killed and other servicemen wounded by the attack, which featured mortar, grenades and small arms fire.
Last week, the Taliban publicly threatened to kidnap or kill the royal, known as Captain Harry Wales in the military.
As Gossip Cop has reported, the Prince is currently serving a four-month combat tour in the region as an Apache helicopter co-pilot and gunner.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- The Coolest Celebrity Cribs
- Is Lady GaGa After Miley Cyrus' Management?
- Anna Kendricks Scandal Pictures?