“Pretty Little Liars” #FAceToFace: 5 Questions The Finale Must Answer!
The “Pretty Little Liars” summer finale airs on Tuesday, and the anticipation is building with the “#FAceToFace” trend dominating Twitter both in the United States and worldwide.
After five and a half seasons, the ultimate A is expected to be revealed on “Game Over, Charles,” the midseason finale before the show returns next year with a massive time-jump. As the series then will be skipping ahead five years, creator I. Marlene King has promised tonight’s episode will finally, completely solve the mystery of A. Of course, we’ve heard that before, and that’s why there’s five questions Gossip Cop believes the episode MUST answer.
1. What Does Charles Have Against The Liars? Charles may be related to Alison and Jason, but he’s apparently spent years tormenting Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna. Whatever grudge he has against his own family, there has to be a reason Charles has gone after the girls. And it better be a good one.
2. Is Sara On Team Good Or Team Evil? Sara has seemed traumatized since the girls escaped from the Dollhouse, and while one might expect her to have a few screws loose after being held hostage for two years… she’s creepy. Despite Emily’s growing affections, Sara has provided absolutely no zero reason why she should be trusted. Rosewood is filled with double agents, and she may just be the latest.
3. What Really Happened To Bethany Young? We know Spencer didn’t kill her. And Alison didn’t, either. But is she even really dead? Bodies have a habit of disappearing in Rosewood, and even Charles was said to be dead and his organs donated. And, well, he’s very much alive. Or so we think.
4. Who Killed Mrs. DiLaurentis? Yes, we also want to know who hit Alison over the head before she was buried alive by her own mother. But, based on flashbacks, Mrs. D tried to protect Charles, going to great lengths to keep him separate from the family. So what would make him turn on her? Or did someone else decide Ali and Jason’s mom knew too much?
5. Which Couple Has A Long-Term Future? Haleb, Ezria, Spoby, and Emison all have devoted fans. And there’s a very good chance that a happy ending at the end of the episode will be negated with the five-year jump. But one couple has to remain the show’s rock. RIGHT?!
Of course, there’s much more at play. The identities of Red Coat and Black Widow will be revealed. Wren could figure in, even though Marlene attempted to shut down that widespread rumor. And you just KNOW there’s still going to be a cliffhanger. With just hours to go, share your “Pretty Little Liars’ theories in the comments below, and come back tonight for our full recap!
UPDATE: The “Pretty Little Liars” finale answered SOME of our questions.