President Obama Addresses Dark Knight Rises Movie Theater Massacre (VIDEO)
12:13 pm, July 20th, 2012VIDEO
After quieting the crowd and thanking them for their support, the President informed those who hadn’t heard about the Aurora, Colorado massacre and vowed that the federal government “stands ready to do whatever is necessary to bring whoever is responsible for this heinous crime to justice.”
President Obama then spoke about the lives lost: “They were mothers and fathers, they were husbands and wives, sisters and brothers, sons and daughters, friends and neighbors. They had hopes for the future, and they had dreams that were not yet fulfilled.”
“What matters at the end of the day is not the small things,” said Obama. “It’s not the trivial things which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately it’s how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.”
The President called Friday a day for “prayer and reflection” and asked for a moment of silence for the victims.
Watch his remarks in the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye