President Obama Victim of Sick Twitter Death Hoax
6:29 pm, May 24th, 2012
President Obama is the victim of an online death hoax.
On Thursday, “RIP Obama” became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter, fueling alarm and speculation that something happened to the President.
It is 100% false.
President Obama is alive and well.
Seriously — this whole Twitter trend is just plain wrong.
At the time the trend hit, Obama happened to be speaking LIVE about clean energy and the economy in Iowa.
While other famous people have been fake “killed” by these ghoulish pranks, the fact that The President of the United States is now the subject of an “RIP” trend is even more appalling.
We find it bizarre that Twitter doesn’t allow certain terms to “trend” — and yet the “RIP [insert name]” phenomenon is allowed to persist.
It’s sick — and Twitter should really deal with this.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Kim Kardashian Addresses eBay Auction Donation Controversy
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up