CLAIM: Brad Pitt to Run for President, Legalize Marijuana
1:28 pm, May 25th, 2010
He just might, according to preposterous rumors floated by Showbiz Spy and others.
(Hey, we can’t even make this stuff up.)
The site picks up a “world exclusive” from discredited Brangelina biographer Ian Halperin that claims Pitt “is planning to leave Hollywood to embark on a full political career.”
“There’s not much left for him to do in Hollywood,” one of Pitt’s “close associates” supposedly tells Halperin. “Brad feels there’s a lot more for him to do in politics, especially considering the rough years the world has experienced recently.”
And what are his specific plans?
A Jolie “friend” claims Pitt “will run for Senate and if all goes well will mount a bid to become President in 2016.”
According to the source, one of Pitt’s first presidential actions to revive the economy would be to legalize marijuana. “He’s obsessed with legalizin (sic) pot,” Halperin’s “source” says. “He believes it would be the biggest moneymaker since the Internet.”
If making up stories means making money, that could be true.
However, a source close to Pitt assures Gossip Cop the alleged Commander in Chief aspirations are bunk.
Sorry, but this rumor goes up in smoke.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents