Pitbull Beats Lindsay Lohan In Court Over “Give Me Everything” Lawsuit
6:05 pm, February 21st, 2013
The actress had sued the hip-hop star over his song “Give Me Everything,” which includes the line: “So, I’m tiptoein,’ to keep flowin’ / I got it locked up, like Lindsay Lohan.”
Lohan argued that the track violated civil rights laws that offer protection against having one’s name used without permission for commercial purposes.
But U.S. District Judge Denis Hurley struck down Lohan’s case, ruling that Pitbull’s song is protected by the First Amendment as a work of art.
Hurley added that the “isolated nature of the use of her name” — in just one lyric — seriously weakened Lohan’s claims.
Meanwhile, the judge ruled that Lohan’s attorney, Stephanie Ovadia, had plagiarized in her court briefs, constituting “undisputedly false representation to the Court.”
Ovadia was sanctioned.
A small consolation for Lohan: Hurley disagreed with Pitbull’s legal team’s request that the actress herself be sanctioned for a “frivolous” lawsuit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller