Pitbull Beats Lindsay Lohan In Court Over “Give Me Everything” Lawsuit
6:05 pm, February 21st, 2013
The actress had sued the hip-hop star over his song “Give Me Everything,” which includes the line: “So, I’m tiptoein,’ to keep flowin’ / I got it locked up, like Lindsay Lohan.”
Lohan argued that the track violated civil rights laws that offer protection against having one’s name used without permission for commercial purposes.
But U.S. District Judge Denis Hurley struck down Lohan’s case, ruling that Pitbull’s song is protected by the First Amendment as a work of art.
Hurley added that the “isolated nature of the use of her name” — in just one lyric — seriously weakened Lohan’s claims.
Meanwhile, the judge ruled that Lohan’s attorney, Stephanie Ovadia, had plagiarized in her court briefs, constituting “undisputedly false representation to the Court.”
Ovadia was sanctioned.
A small consolation for Lohan: Hurley disagreed with Pitbull’s legal team’s request that the actress herself be sanctioned for a “frivolous” lawsuit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet