Pitbull Beats Lindsay Lohan In Court Over “Give Me Everything” Lawsuit
6:05 pm, February 21st, 2013
The actress had sued the hip-hop star over his song “Give Me Everything,” which includes the line: “So, I’m tiptoein,’ to keep flowin’ / I got it locked up, like Lindsay Lohan.”
Lohan argued that the track violated civil rights laws that offer protection against having one’s name used without permission for commercial purposes.
But U.S. District Judge Denis Hurley struck down Lohan’s case, ruling that Pitbull’s song is protected by the First Amendment as a work of art.
Hurley added that the “isolated nature of the use of her name” — in just one lyric — seriously weakened Lohan’s claims.
Meanwhile, the judge ruled that Lohan’s attorney, Stephanie Ovadia, had plagiarized in her court briefs, constituting “undisputedly false representation to the Court.”
Ovadia was sanctioned.
A small consolation for Lohan: Hurley disagreed with Pitbull’s legal team’s request that the actress herself be sanctioned for a “frivolous” lawsuit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids