Pitbull Gets “RIP” Treatment on Twitter
2:04 pm, May 25th, 2012
Pitbull is the latest celeb to get the “RIP” treatment on Twitter.
On Friday, “RIP Pitbull” became a worldwide trending topic on the social media site, fueling alarm and speculation that the singer had died.
He is NOT dead, though he killed it earlier on the “Today Show.”
The rumors are 100% false.
He is alive and well.
Seriously — this whole Twitter trend is just plain wrong.
While some argue “RIP” stands for “Really Impressive Person,” it’s still also a deceptively sick hoax.
On Thursday, there was a ghoulish prank that President Obama had died.
We find it bizarre that Twitter doesn’t allow certain terms to “trend” — and yet the “RIP [insert name]” phenomenon is allowed to persist.
It’s gross — and Twitter should really deal with this.
Pitbull himself later tweeted, “I’m perfectly fine living life not letting life live me gracias a Dios daleeeeeeee!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!