Pitbull Gets “RIP” Treatment on Twitter
2:04 pm, May 25th, 2012
Pitbull is the latest celeb to get the “RIP” treatment on Twitter.
On Friday, “RIP Pitbull” became a worldwide trending topic on the social media site, fueling alarm and speculation that the singer had died.
He is NOT dead, though he killed it earlier on the “Today Show.”
The rumors are 100% false.
He is alive and well.
Seriously — this whole Twitter trend is just plain wrong.
While some argue “RIP” stands for “Really Impressive Person,” it’s still also a deceptively sick hoax.
On Thursday, there was a ghoulish prank that President Obama had died.
We find it bizarre that Twitter doesn’t allow certain terms to “trend” — and yet the “RIP [insert name]” phenomenon is allowed to persist.
It’s gross — and Twitter should really deal with this.
Pitbull himself later tweeted, “I’m perfectly fine living life not letting life live me gracias a Dios daleeeeeeee!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
- Amber Rose Had To Skip Natural Birth