Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter to Ovarian Cancer Nearly 22 Years After Wife
10:48 pm, July 1st, 2013
Pierce Brosnan is mourning the loss of his daughter Charlotte, who died on Friday of ovarian cancer.
Charlotte, who was 41, passed away after a three-year battle with the disease.
“On June 28 at 2 p.m. my darling daughter Charlotte Emily passed on to eternal life, having succumbed to ovarian cancer. She was surrounded by her husband Alex, her children Isabella and Lucas and her brothers Christopher and Sean,” Brosnan tells Gossip Cop in a statement.
He continues, “Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity.”
“Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl. We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon,” says Brosnan, adding, “We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences.”
Brosnan’s late wife and Charlotte’s mother, Cassandra Harris, also died of ovarian cancer in 1991.
The sad news was first reported by People.
Gossip Cop’s thoughts are with the actor during this difficult time.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court