Pierce Brosnan Loses Daughter to Ovarian Cancer Nearly 22 Years After Wife
10:48 pm, July 1st, 2013
Pierce Brosnan is mourning the loss of his daughter Charlotte, who died on Friday of ovarian cancer.
Charlotte, who was 41, passed away after a three-year battle with the disease.
“On June 28 at 2 p.m. my darling daughter Charlotte Emily passed on to eternal life, having succumbed to ovarian cancer. She was surrounded by her husband Alex, her children Isabella and Lucas and her brothers Christopher and Sean,” Brosnan tells Gossip Cop in a statement.
He continues, “Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity.”
“Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl. We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon,” says Brosnan, adding, “We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences.”
Brosnan’s late wife and Charlotte’s mother, Cassandra Harris, also died of ovarian cancer in 1991.
The sad news was first reported by People.
Gossip Cop’s thoughts are with the actor during this difficult time.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship