Picture of the day: Lady Gaga Meets Queen Elizabeth II
5:37 am, December 8th, 2009
Last night Lady Gaga, subdued in a red plastic Elizabethan-style ruffled dress, complete with a 20-foot train and sparkly eye makeup and red lipstick, met Queen Elizabeth II after the singer entertained at the annual Royal Variety Performance in Blackpool, England’s Opera House Theatre.
Gaga ditched a huge ruffled plastic collar when greeting her Majesty after her performance, which had the “Speechless” singer — and her piano — suspended 12-feet in the air, her long dress hanging all the way down to the stage.
Adhering to protocol, the usually outrageous performer politely curtsied when greeting Her Royal Highness.
Also on hand for the event, which raises money for the Queen’s Entertainment Artistes’ Benevolent Fund, were Bette Midler, Michael Buble, and Miley Cyrus, who wore the most rique outfit of the night — super short hotpants.
You might like:
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- The Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?