Picture of the day: Lady Gaga Meets Queen Elizabeth II
5:37 am, December 8th, 2009
Last night Lady Gaga, subdued in a red plastic Elizabethan-style ruffled dress, complete with a 20-foot train and sparkly eye makeup and red lipstick, met Queen Elizabeth II after the singer entertained at the annual Royal Variety Performance in Blackpool, England’s Opera House Theatre.
Gaga ditched a huge ruffled plastic collar when greeting her Majesty after her performance, which had the “Speechless” singer — and her piano — suspended 12-feet in the air, her long dress hanging all the way down to the stage.
Adhering to protocol, the usually outrageous performer politely curtsied when greeting Her Royal Highness.
Also on hand for the event, which raises money for the Queen’s Entertainment Artistes’ Benevolent Fund, were Bette Midler, Michael Buble, and Miley Cyrus, who wore the most rique outfit of the night — super short hotpants.
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Are These Love Birds Back Together?
- Freaky Faces: 25 Celebrities Without Eyebrows
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Demi Lovato's Funky And Fun Floral Bodysuit
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Stars Who Blame Bad Pictures on Photoshop
- Are Kylie Jenner and Jayden Smith More Than Friends?