Phyllis Diller, Comedy Legend, Dies at 95
3:07 pm, August 20th, 2012
Legendary comic Phyllis Diller has died.
She was 95 years old.
Diller’s manager confirms that she died in her sleep at her Los Angeles home on Monday.
“The world has lost a true trailblazer, a gracious and kind woman, beloved by all,” said the manager in a statement.
She was reportedly sick and was living with hospice care in recent months.
Diller began her stand-up comedy career in the 1950s, and rose to fame with her own series, “The Phyllis Diller Show.”
One of the first successful female comics, she went on to make cameos in a huge range of movies and TV shows.
In 2005, Diller published her autobiography “Like a Lampshade in a Whorehouse.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z