Philip Seymour Hoffman Was NOT In Gay Relationship With David Bar Katz — National Enquirer Quotes Are FAKE
12:52 pm, February 5th, 2014EXCLUSIVE
It is 100 percent false.
Katz, a playwright-screenwriter and longtime friend of Hoffman, made the tragic discovery (along with Hoffman’s assistant) of the Oscar winner’s body last weekend.
But the Enquirer apparently wanted a more explosive story, so the outlet has printed “quotes” attributed to Katz — that he absolutely never said.
“We were homosexual lovers. We had a relationship,” Katz is alleged to have told the tabloid.
He never said this, Gossip Cop has learned.
Either the Enquirer misheard Katz (cough), or spoke with a random person claiming to be Katz, or there was some sort of miscommunication.
The fake “Katz” supposedly told the magazine, “I never thought his addiction had reached that level. We were planning to go to the Super Bowl together and have a really nice day.”
“The story is completely 100% FALSE,” a rep for Hoffman tells Gossip Cop.
Katz “didn’t give any interviews,” we’re told.
In other words, the Enquirer ran a sensationalized and completely bogus story about Hoffman’s personal life just days after he died.
Katz is now suing American Media, the tab’s parent company, for $50 million.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank