Jay-Z and Brooklyn Nets Subject of Racially-Charged New York Post Column
3:50 pm, May 4th, 2012
New York Post sports writer Phil Mushnick is taking heat after writing a racially-charged op-ed about the NBA Nets’ relocation from New Jersey to Brooklyn and minority owner Jay-Z’s redesign of the team’s logo.
Mushnick writes, “As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new ‘urban’ home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?”
He continues, “Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N***as?”
“The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B***hes or Hoes,” adds the sports writer.
Mushnick further satirizes: “Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!”
Not surprisingly, a number of people are taking offense to Mushnick’s article.
What do you think about Mushnick’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?