Jay-Z and Brooklyn Nets Subject of Racially-Charged New York Post Column
3:50 pm, May 4th, 2012
New York Post sports writer Phil Mushnick is taking heat after writing a racially-charged op-ed about the NBA Nets’ relocation from New Jersey to Brooklyn and minority owner Jay-Z’s redesign of the team’s logo.
Mushnick writes, “As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new ‘urban’ home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?”
He continues, “Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N***as?”
“The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B***hes or Hoes,” adds the sports writer.
Mushnick further satirizes: “Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!”
Not surprisingly, a number of people are taking offense to Mushnick’s article.
What do you think about Mushnick’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Hot Supermodels And Their Kids
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- 9-Year-Old Mila Kunis is Awesomely Adorable