PETA Attacks Breaking Dawn Party Organizers Over Caged Wolves
3:01 pm, November 14th, 2012
PETA is baring its fangs at the organizers for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2’s recent post-premiere after party in Los Angeles.
The animal rights organization is upset that three caged wolves were on display at the event as part of the themed decor (see below).
“Didn’t it dawn on the Twilight event organizers that real wolves do not belong at a party with blaring music and flashing lights?” asks PETA in a statement.
PETA continues, “The wolves were provided by Hollywood Animals, a notorious exhibitor that has been cited for numerous violations of the Animal Welfare Act for repeatedly failing to provide the animals it exploits with basic veterinary care, proper shelter, food, and water.”
“We hope the rest of the promotional events surrounding Breaking Dawn celebrates the brilliant work of the cast and crew and shows enough respect for wildlife to leave animals out of it,” concludes the group.
What do you think?
Is PETA’s criticism of the party fair or an overreaction?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank