PETA Blasts Kanye West for “Theraflu”
11:56 am, April 6th, 2012
PETA is blasting Kanye West for calling them out with a provocative lyric in “Theraflu.”
In the song, West raps, “Tell PETA my mink is draggin’ on the floor.”
Now the animal rights organization is hitting back, releasing a statement to Gossip Cop in which they tell West exactly what they think of his use of fur.
“What’s draggin’ on the floor is Kanye’s reputation as a man with no empathy for animals or human beings,” declares PETA.
The group continues, ”He’s a great musician but doesn’t seem to have the fashion sense to design anything more than caveman costumes.”
PETA adds, ”We keep hoping that one day he’ll find his heart and join evolved style icons—including Russell Simmons, Pink, and Natalie Portman—who have dropped animal skins.”
Coincidentally, “Theraflu” also refers to West’s love for Kim Kardashian — whom he’s said to be dating — and who was famously “flour bombed” by an animal rights activist in March, leading her sister Khloe to renounce PETA.
It’s a small world.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Rihanna: I'm Fully Over Chris Brown Now
- Kim Kardashian Begs for Divorce Before Baby Comes
- 8 Destiny's Child Bloopers That Will Crack You Up