PETA Slams Rihanna & Lady Gaga as Desperate “Freaks” Who Are “Laughed At”
1:19 pm, September 2nd, 2012
The new criticism comes after Rihanna was spotted wearing snakeskin boots in London this week.
“Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive,” declares PETA in a statement, adding, ”Of course, they can’t go on Oprah to cry about it.”
The last part is a dig at Rihanna’s recent emotional appearance with the talk show legend.
PETA continues, “Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady Gaga seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at.”
Last month, the group went called Gaga a “turncoat” for previously professing to be anti-fur but then wearing it publicly.
The singer then fired back at PETA’s “violent” and “childish” campaigns.
What do you think about the organization’s new slam on Rihanna and Gaga?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage