PETA Slams Rihanna & Lady Gaga as Desperate “Freaks” Who Are “Laughed At”
1:19 pm, September 2nd, 2012
The new criticism comes after Rihanna was spotted wearing snakeskin boots in London this week.
“Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive,” declares PETA in a statement, adding, ”Of course, they can’t go on Oprah to cry about it.”
The last part is a dig at Rihanna’s recent emotional appearance with the talk show legend.
PETA continues, “Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady Gaga seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at.”
Last month, the group went called Gaga a “turncoat” for previously professing to be anti-fur but then wearing it publicly.
The singer then fired back at PETA’s “violent” and “childish” campaigns.
What do you think about the organization’s new slam on Rihanna and Gaga?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look