Perez Hilton “Bad” At Michael Jackson Predictions
4:29 pm, November 2nd, 2009
The self-professed “Queen of All Media” thinks the King of Pop has lost his throne.
Last week Perez reported in the same breath that the favorably reviewed doc’s $7.4 million domestic take on Wednesday, “while impressive for any other release,” was somehow “disappointing” given Sony’s high expectations.
Not satisfied, the next day Perez trumpeted a decline in sales on Thursday and said, “Looks like Paranormal Activity may just be #1 again this week!”
Well, not only was he wrong and “This Is It” is #1 at the box office, it also raked in more than $101 million worldwide in the first five days of its release. Sony is extending its run. An industry analyst said Sony “bet $60 million on this and got $101 million in just five days. It was a gamble and a bet that paid off.”
Perez’s prediction, meanwhile, fell flat. But rather than admit he was wrong or quietly leave the news alone, “Scoop” today branded “This Is It” a “disappointment” (again) and proclaims Sony “way off the mark when calculating the public interest.”
If it’s such a failure, then why is it #1 and its run being extended?
You might like:
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down