Paula Deen Racial Discrimination Claims Thrown Out
6:07 pm, August 12th, 2013
Lisa Jackson alleged that Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers subjected Jackson, a former employee at their Savannah restaurant, to years of sexual harassment and racist behavior.
On Monday, Judge William T. Moore, Jr. ruled that Jackson — who is white — had no standing to claim racial discrimination.
According to Moore, Jackson was an “accidental victim” of any racist conduct.
However, the sexual harassment claims against Deen are still being considered.
Earlier this summer, after it became public that Jackson’s legal team had gotten her to admit she’d used a racial slur, the TV kitchen personality lost a string of business and endorsement deals.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet