Paula Deen Joining “Dancing With The Stars” Cast — REPORT
Paula Deen is reportedly joining “Dancing with the Stars.” Gossip Cop is seeking confirmation.
According to E!, the controversial chef will be one of the celebrity contestants on the upcoming 21st season, which premieres on September 14. Deen has not yet commented on the report, but she’s confirmed in the past that she previously turned down an offer to join the ABC competition in 2010. She supposedly did so again in 2013.
Deen explained her 2010 rejection to “Extra” at the time as having to do with her larger size. “Fat girls don’t look good sweating,” she said, despite admittedly begin a fan of the series. The alleged 2013 invitation came in the midst of Deen’s N-word controversy, which led to her firing from the Food Network and largely torpedoed her career.
As Gossip Cop reported, Mark Ballas was asked two years ago how he felt about Deen possibly joining the show despite her tarnished reputation. “Whether they had a problem or not, we don’t have the say or the prerogative to have a problem,” the pro told TMZ, explaining he couldn’t “put up a fight.” He noted, “For us, it’s like, that’s our job… You get paid to do it, and just do as you’re told, and go with the flow.”
Only Bindi Irwin, Victor Espinoza, and Nick Carter have been officially named as contestants so far. Carter’s casting was announced Wednesday morning, and additional names are expected to be revealed later this week. As Gossip Cop reported, the returning pros for the new season, including fan-favorite Derek Hough and reigning champ Val Chmerkovskiy, were revealed last week. We’ll continue to have updates. TELL US: What do you think of Deen potentially joining “Dancing with the Stars”?