Paula Deen Offers New N-Word Apology, Promises Comeback: “I Am Not A Quitter”
9:54 pm, February 23rd, 2014
Paula Deen made a big return to the spotlight on Sunday after seeing her career derailed last summer amid a racial slur scandal.
After taking the stage this weekend at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival in front of hundreds of fans, Deen admitted, “We have come off of a very hard summer my family and I, my team, my partners.”
“But you know, I have heard on more than one occasion … that I’ve never apologized. So if anybody did not hear me apologize, I would like to apologize to those who did not hear me,” she said.
Spectators in the crowd reportedly yelled out that Deen had nothing to be sorry for.
She told the group, “Ya’ll’s cards and letters that I got helped me get out of bed every day,” adding, “I am not a quitter.”
Deen also received some on-stage advice from former colleague Robert Irvine.
“This is a warning to you,” he reportedly told her. “You’ve apologized. You’ve eaten crow. You’re done. Don’t do it anymore.”
Would you like to see Deen mount a big comeback?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2