Paula Deen Cries “Tears of Joy” & Gets Standing Ovation at First Public Event
4:35 pm, September 14th, 2013
Paula Deen broke down in tears as she received a standing ovation in Houston on Saturday at her first major public appearance since a racism scandal made headlines and threatened her empire earlier this summer.
The TV and restaurant personality joined sons Bobby and Jamie for a cooking demonstration in front of 1,500 fans at the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show.
“These are tears of joy, y’all,” she told the crowd after they greeted her with cheers. “This is my first time out in three months.”
Deen added, “I’ve said all along that the one place I wanted to make my first step back out was in Texas. You are forgiving folks with hearts as big as your state.”
At one point, she reportedly walked up to a video camera and declared with a smile, “I’m back!”
Deen was also quoted as saying, ”We all experience pain in some way but pain is also a good thing because it makes you grow.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents