Paula Deen Cries “Tears of Joy” & Gets Standing Ovation at First Public Event
4:35 pm, September 14th, 2013
Paula Deen broke down in tears as she received a standing ovation in Houston on Saturday at her first major public appearance since a racism scandal made headlines and threatened her empire earlier this summer.
The TV and restaurant personality joined sons Bobby and Jamie for a cooking demonstration in front of 1,500 fans at the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show.
“These are tears of joy, y’all,” she told the crowd after they greeted her with cheers. “This is my first time out in three months.”
Deen added, “I’ve said all along that the one place I wanted to make my first step back out was in Texas. You are forgiving folks with hearts as big as your state.”
At one point, she reportedly walked up to a video camera and declared with a smile, “I’m back!”
Deen was also quoted as saying, ”We all experience pain in some way but pain is also a good thing because it makes you grow.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Russell Westbrook Is One Toned NBA Baller
- The Ultimate Guide To Taylor Swifts Celebrity Feuds
- Tia Mowry: Why I'm an Attachment Parent
- Celebrity Face Change Mysteries