Paula Deen New Cookbook CANCELED By Publisher Despite Being #1 On Amazon
5:20 pm, June 28th, 2013
Paula Deen’s upcoming cookbook — the current #1 seller on Amazon.com — has been canceled by its publisher in the latest setback for the celebrity kitchen personality.
On Friday, Ballantine Books announced the cancellation of “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up” — a stunning move even after a week during which Deen lost numerous endorsement deals amid a racism scandal.
“Paula Deen’s New Testament” was slated to be released in October, but was already the top-ranked Amazon pre-order book.
Now it’s been dumped by the publisher, just hours after Sears, Kmart and Walgreens dropped their deals with Deen.
These developments mark the latest in a long line of professional setbacks for the fallen celebrity chef, whose racism scandal has already cost her high-profile gigs with Food Network and as a restaurateur for Caesars Entertainment, and merchandise deals with Walmart.
She was also dropped by Target and Home Depot.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?