Paula Deen New Cookbook CANCELED By Publisher Despite Being #1 On Amazon
5:20 pm, June 28th, 2013
Paula Deen’s upcoming cookbook — the current #1 seller on Amazon.com — has been canceled by its publisher in the latest setback for the celebrity kitchen personality.
On Friday, Ballantine Books announced the cancellation of “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up” — a stunning move even after a week during which Deen lost numerous endorsement deals amid a racism scandal.
“Paula Deen’s New Testament” was slated to be released in October, but was already the top-ranked Amazon pre-order book.
Now it’s been dumped by the publisher, just hours after Sears, Kmart and Walgreens dropped their deals with Deen.
These developments mark the latest in a long line of professional setbacks for the fallen celebrity chef, whose racism scandal has already cost her high-profile gigs with Food Network and as a restaurateur for Caesars Entertainment, and merchandise deals with Walmart.
She was also dropped by Target and Home Depot.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired