Paula Abdul: I’m Leaving The X Factor
2:50 pm, January 31st, 2012
It’s official: Paula Abdul will not return to “The X Factor.”
She’s released the following statement:
“Yes, it’s true; I won’t be returning to The X Factor next season. I’ve learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations.”
It continues, “Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation. Simon is, and will remain a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle.”
“I want nothing more than for The X Factor to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams. This truly has been a blessing and I am most grateful,” concludes Abdul.
Simon Cowell also released a statement regarding her departure, saying Abdul “is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future.”
Cowell worked hard to bring Abdul, his former “American Idol” colleague, to “The X Factor” when it launched last fall.
Replacements for Abdul and Scherzinger have not been announced – but Gossip Cop has some ideas!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair