Paula Abdul Will NOT Personally Pay $900,000 in Driveway Accident Settlement
6:00 pm, February 22nd, 2012
Paula Abdul has reached a settlement with the woman who sued her in 2009 after falling in her driveway – but Abdul will NOT have to “cough up” $900,000, contrary to a TMZ report.
Jill Kohl, who took the spill on Abdul’s property, is getting the big payout from insurance companies, not Abdul herself.
“Absolutely no monies of the settlement will be paid by Paula Abdul,” her attorney tells Gossip Cop in a statement.
It continues, “All monies agreed to be paid to Jill Kohl as part of the settlement will be funded by the parties’ respective insurance carriers. While a settlement was reached between the parties in the case, we were confident that she would prevail at trial.”
“The decision to settle the case was a business decision made solely by Ms. Abdul’s insurance carrier,” explains her lawyer.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan