Secret “Vampire Diaries” Marriage Scoop Bites Site
10:53 am, May 15th, 2010
HollywoodLife has a very simple strategy.
Throw stuff against the wall. If nothing sticks, sweep it under the rug.
Yesterday the site claimed an “exclusive” scoop that “Vampire Diaries” star Paul Wesley and former “One Tree Hill” actress Torrey DeVitto were secretly married after (supposedly) overhearing Wesley call DeVitto his “wife” at HollywoodLife’s own Young Hollywood Awards.
Rather than asking anyone to confirm, the site went ahead and declared the couple married.
The “exclusive” sounded suspicious and we immediately busted it. The couple is not married.
Today, of course, the link to the original HollywoodLife scoop takes you to an article with an entirely different slant.
Confused and frightened by the prospect of actually checking facts, the site is thrown into disarray.
“We just have to ask: Was Paul joking, or was he breaking some news to the world?” wonders HollywoodLife.
Um, he was just joking. They’re not married. It would have been useful to make sure before reporting.
The site continues, “We totally respect your non-betrothed commitment to one another, Torrey and Paul — and certainly hope it all works out for you.”
Gossip Cop “totally respects” HollywoodLife’s talent for party planning.
We’re just not sure reporting is going to “work out.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?