Secret “Vampire Diaries” Marriage Scoop Bites Site
10:53 am, May 15th, 2010
HollywoodLife has a very simple strategy.
Throw stuff against the wall. If nothing sticks, sweep it under the rug.
Yesterday the site claimed an “exclusive” scoop that “Vampire Diaries” star Paul Wesley and former “One Tree Hill” actress Torrey DeVitto were secretly married after (supposedly) overhearing Wesley call DeVitto his “wife” at HollywoodLife’s own Young Hollywood Awards.
Rather than asking anyone to confirm, the site went ahead and declared the couple married.
The “exclusive” sounded suspicious and we immediately busted it. The couple is not married.
Today, of course, the link to the original HollywoodLife scoop takes you to an article with an entirely different slant.
Confused and frightened by the prospect of actually checking facts, the site is thrown into disarray.
“We just have to ask: Was Paul joking, or was he breaking some news to the world?” wonders HollywoodLife.
Um, he was just joking. They’re not married. It would have been useful to make sure before reporting.
The site continues, “We totally respect your non-betrothed commitment to one another, Torrey and Paul — and certainly hope it all works out for you.”
Gossip Cop “totally respects” HollywoodLife’s talent for party planning.
We’re just not sure reporting is going to “work out.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL