Paul Walker’s Daughter Meadow Did NOT Witness His Death; Teenage Girl Victim of Hoaxes and False Rumors
5:23 pm, December 3rd, 2013
In the hours after the crash, a person pretending to be the 15-year-old created a fake Facebook profile to capitalize on the tragedy.
Now, outlets like HollywoodLife (see right) spreading a completely false rumor that Meadow was at the scene of Walker’s accident and witnessed it.
That is a lie.
On Tuesday, Walker’s publicist Ame Van Iden posted a statement to Facebook debunking the report:
It is unfortunate that claims are being made to the media that Paul’s daughter Meadow was at the event on Saturday when the accident occurred. We want to clarify that Paul went to the event alone. Meadow was not at the charity event on Saturday and thankfully, did not witness the accident. Any claims stating otherwise are inaccurate.
Sadly, there’s also numerous people creating fake social media profiles claiming to be Meadow. We would like everyone to know that Meadow does not currently have any public profiles and is not currently active on social media. We ask that her privacy be respected at this time.
We had hoped sloppy webloids like HollywoodLife would try a little harder to report the facts when it comes to stories this serious.
Gossip Cop will continue to stick to reality rather than careless speculation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss