Jason Biggs Slams The Coffee Bean for “Exploitive” Paul Walker Tip Jars, Company Apologizes (PHOTO)
8:31 pm, December 3rd, 2013PHOTO
On Tuesday, Biggs — who starred alongside Walker in the 2006 film Eight Below — was disturbed to see two tip jars on the Coffee Bean counter labeled Fast and Furious and Varsity Blues (see below).
The films, of course, are among Walker’s best known projects.
“Umm, am I crazy, or does this seem exploitive and in poor taste?” asked Biggs on Twitter.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the Coffee Bean tells Gossip Cop, “This is completely inconsistent with our brand values and the jars have since been removed. Our thoughts and condolences remain with the many friends and family of Paul Walker during this difficult time.
“The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf would like to thank Jason Biggs for bringing this matter to our attention,” the rep adds.
Meanwhile Universal announced late Tuesday that it will donate a percentage of the proceeds from the upcoming Fast & Furious 6 DVD, Blu-Ray and digital releases to Walker’s charity, Reach Out Worldwide.
Check out the Coffee Bean photo below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss