WATCH: Paul Thomas Mitchell Breaks Down After Amazing Performance on AGT
11:19 pm, June 11th, 2013VIDEO
Paul Thomas Mitchell couldn’t help but let his emotions boil over on Tuesday’s “America’s Got Talent.”
After a hard upbringing with alcohol- and drug-addicted parents — and being abandoned by his mother — the 20-year-old poured himself into music.
His efforts more than paid off, as his original song “My Life” won over the entire audience, prompting him to break down in tears as the judges dished out heaps of praise.
“I wanna come and hug you!” Heidi Klum told Mitchell. ”All I can say is John Mayer better watch out!”
Howard Stern noted, “You obviously are an emotional person and that emotion came through on the stage… I have high hopes for you in this competition.”
A similarly moved Howie Mandel pointed out that Mitchell’s struggles have led him to this “peak,” and then Mel B succinctly summed up the entire audition.
“I think you just touched not just us, but the whole of America.”
Check out the incredible video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?