Patton Oswalt Pens Inspirational Post on Boston Marathon Explosions – READ HERE
7:30 pm, April 15th, 2013
The Young Adult star took to his Facebook page shortly after the tragedy to try to remind followers of the inherent goodness of humanity, writing, “Boston. F**king horrible. I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, ‘Well, I’ve had it with humanity.’ But I was wrong.”
FULL POST BELOW
Oswalt continues, “I don’t know what’s going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths,” offering, “But here’s what I DO know. If it’s one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet.”
“You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out,” the actor shares, adding, ”We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil.”
Oswalt concludes, “So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, ‘The good outnumber you, and we always will.’”
READ THE FULL POST BELOW, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?