Patti Smith: Younger Kristen Stewart, Rob Pattinson Could Have Done Just Kids Film
5:08 pm, October 13th, 2012
The poet, performer and punk pioneer is currently working on adapting “Just Kids” — her memoir about living with Mapplethorpe when the two were young artists in New York in the late 1960s and early 1970s — into a film.
“I remember the very first time I saw Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson together, when they were younger, and I thought, ‘Those two kids could have easily played us when they were first starting,’” Smith told EW.
She continued, “There’s something in his eyes. And Robert [Mapplethorpe] was also a bit shy, and a bit stoic. Kristen has a very special quality. She’s not conventionally beautiful, but very charismatic.”
Stewart, of course, has already played a rocker on screen — Joan Jett in 2010′s The Runaways.
But don’t count on her portraying Smith in a movie version of “Just Kids” now that she and Pattinson have become huge stars.
“Robert [Mapplethorpe] and I were very young. We were 20. We were unknowns, and I think it should be unknowns in the film, and young,” explains Smith, who cites Mia Wasikowska and Saoirse Ronan as other up-and-coming actresses she loves.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents