Patti LaBelle Sued After Allegedly Cursing and Throwing Bottle at Mother and Baby
8:41 am, November 15th, 2011
The Monks live an apartment building in New York, where LaBelle stayed while she starred in “Fela!” on Broadway last year.
The couple alleges that on November 11, 2010, while Roseanna was holding some luggage and a car seat, their then-18-month-old daughter, Genevieve, scampered away from her, prompting LaBelle to criticize her parenting skills.
“What are you doing letting your kid run around like that?” Labelle reportedly griped.
When Roseanna, a kindergarten teacher, picked up her child and told the singer to mind her own business, says the lawsuit, LaBelle chucked a water bottle at the mother and daughter while cursing them out.
The little girl began to cry, and Roseanna told off LaBelle, who allegedly charged at the mom and tried to strike her.
The Monks’ lawyer, Samuel L. Davis, says, ”Someone’s got to teach her even a diva can’t attack and frighten and assault regular people in the building.”
In June, LaBelle was sued by a West Point cadet, who claimed the singer’s bodyguards beat him up.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan