Patti LaBelle Sued After Allegedly Cursing and Throwing Bottle at Mother and Baby
8:41 am, November 15th, 2011
The Monks live an apartment building in New York, where LaBelle stayed while she starred in “Fela!” on Broadway last year.
The couple alleges that on November 11, 2010, while Roseanna was holding some luggage and a car seat, their then-18-month-old daughter, Genevieve, scampered away from her, prompting LaBelle to criticize her parenting skills.
“What are you doing letting your kid run around like that?” Labelle reportedly griped.
When Roseanna, a kindergarten teacher, picked up her child and told the singer to mind her own business, says the lawsuit, LaBelle chucked a water bottle at the mother and daughter while cursing them out.
The little girl began to cry, and Roseanna told off LaBelle, who allegedly charged at the mom and tried to strike her.
The Monks’ lawyer, Samuel L. Davis, says, ”Someone’s got to teach her even a diva can’t attack and frighten and assault regular people in the building.”
In June, LaBelle was sued by a West Point cadet, who claimed the singer’s bodyguards beat him up.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court