Patrick Dempsey Attempting to Buy Tully’s Coffee Chain to Save Hundreds of Jobs
6:15 pm, December 26th, 2012
Patrick Dempsey wants to rescue Tully’s Coffee.
On Wednesday, the “Grey’s Anatomy” actor announced that he’s leading a group bidding to buy the troubled Seattle-based company, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October.
“Grey’s Anatomy” is set in Seattle, and Dempsey says that he’s eager to help save hundreds of jobs that could be lost if Tully’s goes under.
The company runs 47 coffee houses in Washington and California, and dozens of licensed locations across the United States.
A bankruptcy hearing is set for January 11.
The potential sale of Tully’s has to be approved by a judge.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin