Patricia Heaton Apologizes to Sandra Fluke For Attacking Her on Twitter
4:31 pm, March 5th, 2012
Last week, the star of “The Middle” tweeted a number of pointed remarks at Fluke after the third-year law student at Georgetown testified before Congress that her university’s health insurance should cover birth control for its female students.
Heaton’s missives, which were subsequently deleted (screengrabbed below), included, “Hey G-Town Gal! If your parents have to pay for your birth control, maybe they should get a say in who u sleep with! Instant birth control!” and “Hey G-Town: Stop buying toothpaste, soap and shampoo! You’ll save money, and no one will want to sleep with you!”
But after taking heat for her tweets — although not on the scale of Rush Limbaugh calling Fluke a “slut” on the air — Heaton is now sorry.
Today, Heaton tweeted, “I apologized to Ms Fluke last week. I may not agree with her views but I didn’t treat her with respect and I’m sorry. I was wrong. Mea Culpa.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents