Patricia Heaton Apologizes to Sandra Fluke For Attacking Her on Twitter
4:31 pm, March 5th, 2012
Last week, the star of “The Middle” tweeted a number of pointed remarks at Fluke after the third-year law student at Georgetown testified before Congress that her university’s health insurance should cover birth control for its female students.
Heaton’s missives, which were subsequently deleted (screengrabbed below), included, “Hey G-Town Gal! If your parents have to pay for your birth control, maybe they should get a say in who u sleep with! Instant birth control!” and “Hey G-Town: Stop buying toothpaste, soap and shampoo! You’ll save money, and no one will want to sleep with you!”
But after taking heat for her tweets — although not on the scale of Rush Limbaugh calling Fluke a “slut” on the air — Heaton is now sorry.
Today, Heaton tweeted, “I apologized to Ms Fluke last week. I may not agree with her views but I didn’t treat her with respect and I’m sorry. I was wrong. Mea Culpa.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?