Paris Hilton: Gay Men Are “Disgusting,” Most Of Them “Probably Have AIDS”
10:27 am, September 20th, 2012
Paris Hilton calls gay men “disgusting” and says most of them “probably have AIDS” in comments secretly recorded during a taxi cab ride in New York earlier this month.
The socialite’s shocking remarks were made on September 7, when she was in the city for Fashion Week.
In the audio, Hilton’s friend, a gay man, can be heard talking about Grindr, an app known for facilitating hookups.
She responds, “Eww… Gay guys are the horniest people in the world.”
The friend says, “Gay guys are too much,” to which Hilton is heard saying, “They’re disgusting… and, dude, most of them probably have AIDS.”
“I would be so scared if I was a gay guy… you’ll, like, die of AIDS,” continues Hilton.
Listen to the audio below.
A rep for the heiress has now released a statement on the matter.
“Paris Hilton’s comments were to express that it is dangerous for anyone to have unprotected sex that could lead to a life threatening disease.”
“The conversation became heated, after a close gay friend told her in a cab ride, a story about a gay man who has AIDS and is knowingly having unprotected sex.”
“He also discussed a website that encourages random sex by gay men with strangers. As she was being shown the website her comments were in reference to those people promoting themselves on the site. The cab driver who recorded this, only provided a portion of the conversation.
“It was not her intent to make any derogatory comments about all gays. Paris Hilton is a huge supporter of the gay community and would never purposefully make any negative statements about anyone’s sexual orientation.”
Listen to the audio here.
What do you think about Hilton’s comments and the explanation?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank