UPDATED: Paris Hilton Arrested on Cocaine Charges
3:45 pm, August 28th, 2010UPDATED
3rd UPDATE – 3:45 PM -
Paris Hilton reportedly insists that a purse in which police found cocaine does not belong to her.
Sources who have spoken with the socialite since her late Friday arrest say she denies the offending purse belongs to her, according to TMZ.
Hilton has hired David Chesnoff to represent her in the case. He has released the following statement:
“This matter will be dealt with in the courts not in the media and I encourage people not to rush to judgment until all of the facts have been dealt with in a court of law. There will be no interviews and no more comments at this time.”
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
ORIGINAL POST – 8:58 AM
Paris Hilton was arrested for cocaine possession in Las Vegas late last night.
According to Las Vegas police spokesman Marcus Martin, “Officers noticed a vehicle leaving [a] smoke trail of a controlled substance [and] made a stop based on that.”
During that stop, police found cocaine on Hilton.
She was booked early this morning, and released on her own recognizance.
It’s been a whirlwind week for Hilton, who called the police on Tuesday when a burglar attempted to break into her home.
This past summer, Hilton was taken into custody in South Africa on suspicion of possession of marijuana.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us