Paris Hilton: I’m “Sorry” For Saying Gays Are “Disgusting” & “Probably Have AIDS”
10:00 am, September 21st, 2012
Paris Hilton has apologized for calling gays “disgusting,” and suggesting that most of them “probably have AIDS.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the heiress was secretly recorded in a New York taxi cab having a conversation with a friend about the men-seeking-men app Grindr, during which she made the controversial comments.
Hilton is now offering an apology through the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).
She begins, “As anyone close to me knows, I always have been and always will be a huge supporter of the gay community. I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning.”
“I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community,” Hilton explains. “It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word.”
The socialite goes on to note that “HIV/AIDS can hurt anyone, gay and straight, men and women. It’s something I take very seriously and should not have been thrown around in conversation.”
“Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know. It is so wrong when people bully or put down others for being gay. No one should have to go through that,” adds Hilton.
She concludes, “Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way.”
What do you think of Hilton’s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank