Paisley Van Patten, Lost Record Deal Due to Alcoholism, Auditions on American Idol
9:19 pm, January 29th, 2014VIDEO
Paisley Van Patten got a “second chance” on Wednesday’s ”American Idol.”
The Salt Lake City native revealed she scored a record deal in Nashville when she was just 15 years old, only to lose it due to a battle with alcoholism.
Now 25 and sober for two and a half years, Van Patten impressed the judges with her take on “When the Lights Go Down” by Faith Hill.
“I love that you sang that song, and I also love that you sang it very subdued,” Keith Urban told her afterwards.
Jennifer Lopez said Van Patten’s choice showed “confidence,” adding, “It was really, really pretty. Yeah, I loved it.”
And Harry Connick Jr. said he loved it, too.
“What really spoke to me is you seem like a gentle person who has found some happiness and it was nice to couple that with the sound of your voice,” he told her.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?