Pain & Gain Tops Oblivion and 42 to Win Weekend Box Office
9:00 am, April 28th, 2013BOX OFFICE
Pain & Gain, the true life bodybuilder crime spree movie starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson, won the weekend box office.
Directed by Michael Bay, the action-comedy earned $20 million.
That was enough to edge out the Tom Cruise sci-fi epic Oblivion, which finished in second with $17.4 million.
The Jackie Robinson biopic 42 slid into third place with $10.7 million.
Meanwhile, ensemble romantic comedy The Big Wedding and animated family film The Croods came in fourth and fifth with $7.5 million and $6.6 million, respectively
Rounding out the Top 10 were G.I. Joe: Retaliation ($3.6 million), Scary Movie 5 ($3.5 million), Olympus Has Fallen ($2.8 million), The Place Beyond the Pines ($2.7 million), and Jurassic Park 3D ($2.3 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- The Most Amusing Athlete Mug Shots
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- 8 Celebrities Found Dead In A Bathroom