Padma Lakshmi Helps Donate 15,000 Pairs of Shoes to Hurricane Sandy Victims
12:00 pm, November 16th, 2012
Padma Lakshmi is the latest star to lend a helping hand to the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
On Thursday, the “Top Chef” host joined Westin Hotels & Resorts and New Balance to launch the brands’ exclusive gear lending program in New York.
Lakshmi, along with thousands of Westin associates from around the world, participated in a 5-kilometer run to raise money for “Soles4Souls,” which collects new shoes to give suffering relief victims.
Altogether, the run collected 15,000 pairs of shoes, a majority of which will benefit Hurricane Sandy victims on the East Coast.
Lakshmi is the latest high-profile supporter of Sandy relief efforts.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to Sandy relief efforts, or CLICK HERE.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand