Padma Lakshmi Helps Donate 15,000 Pairs of Shoes to Hurricane Sandy Victims
12:00 pm, November 16th, 2012
Padma Lakshmi is the latest star to lend a helping hand to the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
On Thursday, the “Top Chef” host joined Westin Hotels & Resorts and New Balance to launch the brands’ exclusive gear lending program in New York.
Lakshmi, along with thousands of Westin associates from around the world, participated in a 5-kilometer run to raise money for “Soles4Souls,” which collects new shoes to give suffering relief victims.
Altogether, the run collected 15,000 pairs of shoes, a majority of which will benefit Hurricane Sandy victims on the East Coast.
Lakshmi is the latest high-profile supporter of Sandy relief efforts.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to Sandy relief efforts, or CLICK HERE.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z