Osbournes Pay $1.7 Million IRS Debt
1:25 pm, April 14th, 2011
According to an April 4 lien filed on one of their Los Angeles homes, the Osbournes owed approximately $700,000 for 2008 and $1 million for 2009.
Today, Sharon Osbourne announced that the payment was made, although there is still confusion over why the IRS placed a lien on the home in the first place.
“At 4:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon I received a phone call from my publicist who had a reporter on the other line informing her that the IRS had just put a lien on one of our properties,” says the “America’s Got Talent” star.
“I then contacted my accountant who said they knew nothing about any lien. The lien has been paid. I do intend to find out how this lien happened without the knowledge of myself or my accountants.”
“I hope none of this reflects negatively on mine and Ozzy’s moral character.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank