Oscar Nominations: Who Got Snubbed?
10:29 am, January 24th, 2012
The 84th Annual Academy Awards nominations drew a few surprises this year, and always, a great many snubs.
Here’s a list of some noteworthy oversights.
Michael Fassbender was royally snubbed for Shame, the harrowing Steve McQueen drama where he played a sex addict alongside Carey Mulligan, who was also overlooked for her role as his addled younger sister.
Leonardo DiCaprio received no recognition for J. Edgar, which was hyped to be a major Oscar contender all season long.
For the second year in a row, Ryan Gosling was snubbed in the Best Actor category. Last year, he was overlooked for Blue Valentine; this year for Drive.
Gosling’s Drive co-star Albert Brooks was similarly shut out of the Best Supporting Actor race. After the nominations were announced, he tweeted, “To the Academy: ‘You don’t like me. You really don’t like me.’”
Tilda Swinton was left out of the Best Actress race for We Need to Talk About Kevin.
Will Reiser‘s autobiographical 50/50 was overlooked in the Best Original Screenplay category.
Golden Globes winner The Adventures of Tintin, was completely shut out of the Best Animated Feature category.
Who else do you think got snubbed? And which oversight irks you most?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life